Eight(8) Step by Step guide to Pre-Register and Get You National Identity Card Very Quickly
The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has improved in its facility to update its database in an attempt to capture the identity of all Nigerians. This is as a result of the Global Vendor Certification Programme (GVCP) carried out by MasterCard.
The facility in charge of this is the Card Personalization Bureau where the National e-ID cards are personalized, activated and prepared for onward distribution.
In order for you to obtain the new National ID card from the National Identity Management, all Nigerian must enroll for this exercise by a pre-registration process which is the first stage.
Pre-Registration for National ID card
The Pre-Registration is the first part of the enrollment exercise. This can be done using any of the following methods:
- From NIMC’s home site (http://www.nimc.gov.ng/) click on the “register from home picture”. Alternatively, you can go to www.ninenrol.gov.ng to be welcomed to the National Identification Number (NIN) pre-registration portal.
- Create your National Identification Number (NIN) enrollment profile on the pre-registration portal www.ninenrol.gov.ng.
- Sign into the National Identification Number (NIN) pre-registration portal www.ninenrol.gov.ng and fill in biodata.
- Print out the pre-registration slip gotten from www.ninenrol.gov.ng and take it to the nearest enrollment Centre.
- At the enrollment Centre, the enrollment officer scans the barcode to pull up the applicant data.
- Applicant verifies his/her data and has his/her photograph, fingerprint captured
- Applicant has his supporting documents scanned
- Enrollment is acknowledged and a slip is generated and given indicating completion of enrollment.
After pre-registration Process
After Pre-Registration, following the steps mentioned above, you will be required to go through the enrollment data and verify it. The following is the information required for this stage when filling the form:
1. Personal detail
2. Address Information
3. Parent Data
4. Next of Kin Data
5. Origin Data
6. Documents Data
7. Disability Data
8. Physical Features
ALSO READ: Top 10 Valentines Gifts Love One’s Season
If the method chosen is self-service done online, you will need to print the generated 2D Bar Code and take it to a NIMC Enrollment Center around your location.
You are also required to bring along ANY of the following as a proof of your identity for your enrolment.
1. Old National ID card.
2. Valid Driver’s license.
3. Valid International passport.
4. Voter’s ID card.
5. staff ID card.
6. State of origin certificate.
7. Birth certificate/declaration of age
8. Biometrics Capturing
The next stage
The application is then acknowledged and two slips namely transaction slip and NIN slip indicating completion of enrollment will be generated and given to you.
If the NIN and the Transaction Number slips are not ready at the time of enrolment, the applicant will be informed of the date and time for collection of the slips.